.

.
25.11.16

A Year of Pleasures: Back to Reality


/ love these books got a few for friends

my body has been asking for a break
i did not take heed
my body has been pushing me to pull me back down to reality
i am stubborn
i do not listen

the mountain that is my body has housed me
shielded me
and
shadowed all that i could not bear
but i have neglected it
in part
and in whole
at times

and so
my body is reclaiming the space it deserves
the peace it yearns for
the quiet is draws from all sides

last night i did not sleep...i could not sleep
the truth is i drank coffee
i am not a coffee drinker but i needed just a few more hours
to do this and that

in reality i didn't sleep because my body decided enough was enough
it spoke to me as i dozed off
i don't care how late you "think" you need to stay awake
i don't want you trying to rescue me with vitamins after you have neglected me
and
i
certainly
do not want you to forget that without me you are nothing

i was sick before i knew it
fast
hard
unforgiving

i tried to look ahead
cause you know- moms always have to look ahead
but i could find nothing remotely familiar or promising
i was stuck where i was
like it or not

now i m forced to rest
to reflect
but most of all
to
stop

Stories

+

Followers

Contact

Search

About the Template