.

.
17.1.16

A year of pleasures: 3rd weekend


Since Friday is our holy day and it's a crazy working day I need some time to just not have big responsibilities. This means that I stopped asking for THAT time, and demanded one day a month that belonged to me. Of course as a mom, it's relative, but I put the idea out there, and I often remind my husband that it's my day off.

I take the 3rd weekend off every month. Technically, I take the Saturday off. The day is meant to allow me to do as little as I like, and spend time with the kids or just veg and be a slob :)
There are some things which I try with all effort to NOT do - laundry, dishes, cooking , general cleaning etc. I also encourage families that I work with not to contact me with questions or etc on my weekend off.

It's like the Sabbath, but not. Since my mom is Jewish, I know all that it (the Sabbath) entails, and I wish I could separate work and home and other "stuff" one day a week. I think it is so needed. My MIL doesn't know that I do this, so it's a bit weird too, because she still needs help with certain things, but I guess in the end...

Yesterday was my 3rd weekend.  I left the laundry strewn all over the floor (why can't husbands find the laundry basket?) I also ate a lot- which has nothing logical to do with taking a day off, but that's how it happened.
I had to cook because we didn't order in and MIL was not feeling well, so we are ordering today to make up for that...

Stories

+

Followers

Contact

Search

About the Template