.

.
22.10.16

A Year of Pleasures: Now


“There I was, waiting, afraid I’d never experience the kind of joy yet to come, but hoping for it just the same. "                   
 ~The Year of Pleasures/Berg
now isn't later
it is
it isn't maybe
it is
now

it is the time to speak up
to tell you what's on my mind

i am living here and there
literally
i live in 2 houses
it is difficult
it is not my dream or wish
my husband struggles too
it is far from how i envisioned our life

as my family dynamics change
the act of telling our story changes
i feel a strong urge to protect what is mine
they are, after all my people
no matter what

i do not have their consent
 - to tell their stories
for them
or
about them
and so i try to share without over-sharing

when one is struggling
the veil becomes a shroud
it hurts to breathe
to be anything at all
and yet a part of me - the biggest part of me
cannot be anything more than i am

when i am here i think of there
and there? 
the same, of course
sometimes i am happy being in my own space
without him

there are perks
strange word - i know
but that's what it is all about
i don't have to cook every day
i focus on the things that i want to do
i don't have to compromise

but
when we meet again it is bliss
...for a short while
 
deep down
i still struggle with the idea that i could begin to live and love life fully without him
and it's not that i wouldn't be able to
it's not that i cannot be alone

it's that what we have
is what we have
and i love him regardless


Stories

+

Followers

Contact

Search

About the Template