.

.
7.1.16

A year of pleasures: Driving our new car


This week I drove our new SUV. We bought our new set of wheels about 2 months ago, but with work scheduling conflicts, and simply fear on my part, I hadn't gotten behind the wheel just yet.

I'm not the strongest driver, and I prefer smaller cars, PLUS, there is a lot of snow on the ground, so I kept putting it off. There's no doubt that fear of driving leads to restrictions. I don't want to restrict myself. I don't want to pretend it doesn't bother me, or wish for our old Corolla - the old small car that I loved is gone.

Finally, I did it, and it wasn't bad at all. True, hubby was sitting right next to me, but really, driving one car is like driving any car - it just takes practice and attention to the details.

I think this one will keep popping up on my list of things to conquer - maybe taking it on the highway or to the mountains.

We will see...

Stories

+

Followers

Contact

Search

About the Template